Monday 2 November 2015

Emotion

EIM's keyword this week is Emotion. This painting has continued to impress me with the same intensity as when I first discovered it, aged 14 or 15. Not many things scream emotion like this does.
Also, tomorrow, Nov 3 is Melbourne Cup Day. While I am not complaining about having a paid day off, I am screaming about all the horses that are killed and maimed each year at this race. I would give up this public holiday (and demand they bring back Easter Tuesday and Melbourne Show Day back as public holidays), if they stopped abusing horses.
So here is my arrrrrrrrgh:



14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the horses, that is awful. But on a lighter note I adore the amount of detail you got in this piece. I am blown away completely! Fantastic as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, shocking about the horses. And on a lighter note, thank you muchly for your feedback. I am blown away by this painting, so try really hard to imitate it well.

      Delete
  2. I hear your screams & feel your pain!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it's tragic. Thanks for your support, Sally.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant inchie. Totally agree about the Cup day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this painting as well. We all have those days! I did not know about the horses. Horrible, especially since we know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they know better, but prefer to show off cash and fascinators than to speak the truth. I'm having one of those years and it's not even leap :D

      Delete
  5. can't believe that is only one inch square - so much detail and instantly recognizable. Had no idea horses were being killed at melbourne cup - I love horses, this is tragic. Hard to tell you to enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia! A day off work is always good - they are killing me at work (my nickname there is "the workhorse").

      Delete
  6. Dear Zoe, you have done an amazing rendition of the "Scream." From previous posts I know this images resonates with you. I can understand your conflicted emotion for the national holiday. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know, that you have this Holiday. Love your inchie, it is really artistic, like a small painting.

    ReplyDelete