Monday 21 September 2015

Yeah, right!

Myth is the keyword on Every Inchie Monday this week. This is my team, in Australia Rules Football, St. Kilda, being number 1 on the ladder. Why is it a myth? They came up with a wooden spoon last season and close to that for a couple of seasons prior. In their whole life of 150+ years, they have only won one grand final. And now, grand final is at the end of this month........ And here is my make-belief:
You can see that my blog's icon is this Footy club's logo

Another "yeah, right" is that this did not win anything at the Royal Melbourne show this year!!! The sphere is around 20 cm (app. 8") in diameter and completely hollow inside! How could 3 other people have done better than this?!  LOL and everything, but seriously!  :)   Those show competitions are now rigged, I'm telling you. To be fair, I got a glimpse of the work submitted this year, and it's magnificent. Fair competition.......   I think. I raised the standards last year when I took first place and best in section at this show. Hard competing against yourself  :D






This cross stitch also did not win any prizes, but I get that and don't question it.


However, and this really surprised me, this cross stitch on linen (with sewn in beads) got 2nd place. So somewhere still a bit of a winner  :)    The size is app. 69cm x 39cm (27" x 15").


Finally got some time to draw. I am putting together a new year's present - a wall calendar with one of my doodles on each month. I already have 8 pages I drew and published previously. Need another 5 (there's an extra page for the start of 2017). So this one is following this week's Diva challenge 235:



And this is my tag for Tag Tuesday this week:

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! So much eye candy here! I think the judges were blind! I adore the sphere, I always show my daughter, she is always blown away with your talent and when I showed her the cross stitch she was in love!. I actually got to the end of your post and thought, "where was the inchie?", lol I had to go back up to see it, great work on it, and awesome work on all of it! and Congrats on the awards you did win. Maybe if I send you a beaded 1st place you can tell everyone you won ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you for such warm feedback! Yep, probably were blind :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, Zoe, you show so much beautiful stuff here. For me you are a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne! Nice to see you at the Diva's again, now that I have a bit more time.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow Zoe - what exquisite work. Can't believe your globe didn't win anything - the judges can't know how difficult that would be to make. Love your cross stitch - such wonderful shading. Ah the myth of winning teams - mine is the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team - which is currently in the pennant race for the first time in 23 years - it's so exciting I can hardly bear to watch the games (which happen every day, just about). Keep your fingers crossed for my myth - great idea, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm feedback, Kia! Fingers crossed for your team, as there's no point in crossing them for mine.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe those judges. What's wrong with them. Your work couldn't possibly be bettered :) Your posts are always fun to read, Zoe! I love all of your work and I'm sure you are planning on sending all of your loyal followers one of your beautiful calendars to remember you by each and every month, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It's rigged :D Awwww, Jean, you think too highly of me. I am not that good that my calendar will be published (I wish). Just a unique gift.

      Delete
  5. So much great art here this week! I did not enjoy the inchie theme this week - really had no brain operating for it :-( that should explain the total lack of logic to my top hat....the words fitted the letters.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! Yep, 'myth' isn't easy and I love your response LOL

      Delete
  6. Zoe, love your work and your commentary, always brilliant and refreshing! We're Philadelphia Eagles fans, so we're just gluttons for punishment in American football. We don't say it too loudly lest our friends think we're insane. Oh, yeah! They already do!
    The night sky globe is fantastic, love that you added Crux and Ursa Major. That is soooo cool! Love all the needle arts as well--they look like award winners to me!! What I find most intriguing are your pearls for the Diva challenge. They are luminous. Stunning, really.
    You make a calendar? I'm sure it's gorgeous. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! Perhaps the judges didn't know about constellations :) I haven't had much time to draw for a while, but would like to give this more attention - I like creating all those effects. Just one calendar as a gift. Nothing special, bought a small calendar for 2016 and will paste in my pics on top of the photos.

      Delete
  7. Ooooh, I love your sphere, it's beautiful! And your needlework is so wonderful too. You inchie made me smile, you never know, one day it might be true :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm feedback, Margriet! Will it be true in my lifetime? :)

      Delete
  8. I do hope yor team wins and your myth becomes reality. Your work is fabulous, and I love your globe and all the other pieces. Well done on all your work, I am in wonder at your patience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day they will :) Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am in wonder at my own patience with craft as well....... I don't have it in any other area of my life LOL

      Delete
  9. What a great post. So many compatitions. Where do you take the time for all the quilling and cross stiches? Wonderful work.
    And you will see one day your team will win as you show it on your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, Trillian! I don't sleep :) I wonder whether my team will win in this century.... :)

      Delete